Saturday, December 6, 2008

Broccoli on a Red Plate--Original Still Life Oil Painting

Since winter is here, like everyone else, I am inside more and more. I'm also finding myself painting small still life studies again. It has been a long time since I've devoted time to this focus, so I am enjoying getting back to these small studies. A trip to the grocery store this morning resulted in this fresh stem of broccoli. I like the contrast of the green with the bright red of this plate. These bright little studies bring welcomed color into the drab and dreary days of winter. When this 8x10 inch oil painting dries, I'll list it in my Etsy Gallery. My small paintings of fruits and vegetables have been quite popular in the past. These small format paintings brighten up the drab corners of my house and I'm happy to share a little color with my friends.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,