Thursday, May 7, 2009

Edge of the Lake--Original Landscape Oil Painting

Today's featured painting was a great learning experience. There are a number of challenges, some of which I overcame and some of which need still need more attention. The suggestion of twigs and vegetation in the background was partially successful. I like the warm color and the smaller twigs in the distance. I like the water and the way I captured it. The paint is thick and textured In spite of the things I like about this painting, there were a number of issues that made me want to scrape off the entire thing. I needed to plan the focal point more specifically in advance. I needed to inentionally tone down the intensity of areas that are not the focal point. I could go on, but I won't. The painting is 8x10 inches. I hope you enjoyed viewing it.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: