Monday, January 25, 2010

Are You Following?

This is the second in my current series of sheep in a sunny field. I can't decide if this fellow wants me to follow him or not. The backward glance conveys some curiosity, but about what I am not certain. This painting is 5x7 inches on a canvas panel and was created with the same limited palette as yesterday's painting--Sap Green, Cadmium Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, and Titanium White. When the paintings in this series dry, they will join some of my other animal paintings at Small Impressions Gallery where they can be purchased online.

3 comments:

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I think he wants us to follow! What a charming little sheep - like this a lot.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Just a wonderful composition Nancy! It's like he did it for you! Again, the colors are wonderful together, and your approach to the sheep is very well done!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks--I have to admit painting these little sheep is a delightful distraction.