Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fruit Binge--Original Oil Paintings

My fruit painting binge started with that book, The Botany of Desire, by Michael Pollan. The chapter on the "Desire for Sweetness: The Apple," took me back to the time when I painted a lot of apples. They are good practice. An instructor once told me that if I ever wanted to be good at painting the human figure, I better learn to paint fruit. Well, I still don't feel proficient at painting the human figure, but I've sure started to binge on fruit paintings. The color is what attracts me. Fresh fruit and the abstraction of light keeps drawing me back. This little painting is on a canvas panel, is 5x7 inches, and is the continuation of an addiction I can't seem to let go of. As I continue my binge, I'll keep sharing my little fruit paintings. Some of them will be for sale at Small Impressions. After all, I need to support my addiction somehow. This painting can be purchased here for $35.00 plus $6.50 for shipping to US addresses.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

These may be small impressions Nancy, but they make a big impact! Love the yellow against the purple...

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Saundra--It's been a lot of fun painting these little fruit subjects.