Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oranges and Blue

Having fresh oranges year round is a luxury that my grandparents probably didn't enjoy. I'm grateful that in the middle of winter, when the rain is pouring down, the days are short, and the skies are gray, I can still enjoy the sunshine a fresh orange brings to my household. My good fortune helped in making it possible for me to paint this 8x10 inch oil painting. As I painted, I focused on shapes and color rather than the idea that I was painting an orange. The results are abstract and painterly. These oranges will be joining my other paintings at Small Impressions Gallery within the next few weeks. Stop by and view my art while the paint on this one dries.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love this painting! Amazing light!!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks so much, Beth. I'm glad you like it!

Unknown said...

LOVE this one!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Sharon. This one was really fun to paint--one of those that just seemed to paint itself.