Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lemon Cut

The fresh smell of lemon, the cut of a yellow citrus fruit--these are the ideas that followed me as I painted this 3x5 inch oil painting. Color and design were my focus as I worked on this especially small little canvas. There are people who work much smaller routinely, but this is about as small as I can comfortably go. I am happy with the results, but it will proably be a while before working this small again. Recharging the mental batteries will be necessary first.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Beautiful! I really like the way you kept it within 2 color families. Like that vertical format too. It really works with the composition. Yummy texture!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Gwen--I appreciate your comments!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Love those complimentary's Nancy!! You made me want fresh squeezed

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Saudra--They were a lot of fun to paint and I'm glad to hear you think the painting turned out well!