Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pears and Glass

The reference image for this painting is from the Wetcanvas Image Library. I've looked at it numerous times times, loving the stack of pears in the tall glass container. The photograph was over exposed and I wasn't sure I could pull off a believable redition, but this morning I decided to give it a try. I'm quite satisfied with the results. The work is loose and the colors seem to work well. The painting is 5x7 inches and I'm wishing now that I had put it on a larger support. There are some 11x 14 inch canvases in my studio that might benefit from a little paint. Perhaps doing this again will be future a challenge.

2 comments:

L.Holm said...

really interesting composition. I love the abstract shapes together, and the strong light. great work!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks--So glad you like it!