Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Nothing But Mischief

This little fellow is the third in my recent series of sheep paintings. He is full of romp and trouble, running, leaping, jumping, and having a good time. With a stick in his mouth, he's headed for some kind of mischief. The expression on his face tells me he has no regard for rules. The painting is a small 4x5 inches on a canvas panel--just right for him. If I can keep him from destroying the landscape, he'll eventually end up for sale in the Small Impressions Gallery with some of my other small paintings that can be purchased online with Paypal and a couple of mouse clicks.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Nancy, That mischievous little look just drew me right in to this one...and I stayed awhile because, again, the purples and greens with the whites of this little guy just make a stunning piece! You made me want to adopt this little fellow!!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks, Saundra. Your kind words are appreciated. These little guys are so fun to paint. I seem to paint them in little flocks--two or three at a time. Then I take a break and paint something else, but I always seem to come back and paint some more.