Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fuchsia Blooms--Spring Fever--Color Desire

A few days ago I heard on the local news that we had just travelled through a period of 15 days straight with nothing but gray skies. Since then, it has continued to be gray and damp--no sunshine--going on 20 days now. Perhaps because of this, I've been tempted to paint flowers, something I seldom paint. The bright red and pink of fuchsias tempted my desire for some color. This painting is 5x7 inches on a gessoed hardboard panel.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Rose said...

I am impressed by the painting of flowers on your blog. It really looks awesome. You are a blessed artist.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks Rose. I don't paint flowers often, but have really enjoyed it lately. Your comment is appreciated!