Sunday, January 24, 2010

Big Daddy--Sheep in Sunshine

Painting sheep in fields of green is a creative direction I take when feeling a need to relax. After a busy week, it is nice to imagine myself in a summer field with these peaceful animals roaming about, grazing, and taking it easy. This painting is a 5x7 inch oil painting of a really large animal looking over the landscape. I can only imagine what he is thinking. Perhaps it just feels good to have the sun on his back and plenty of grass to eat. Life is good!

2 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

I love the purples with the greens Nancy...and the subject is painted beautifully. I'm laughing at your post...thinking of the day my little daughter crawled all up my body to my head when a sheep tried to "kiss" her! HA

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

So cute--I can imagine your daughter's fright--being kissed by a sheep does sound daunting!