Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tea for Two--Original American Still Life Oil Painting

Creating this 8x10 inch still life oil painting was fun. Working from life, I tried to avoid fussing over details. Making a stroke and then leaving it alone can be a real challenge for me, but that was my approach with this painting. I was determined not to fuss. In addition, I enjoyed the abstractions the bird's eye perspective. I'm pondering the exploraion of this subject further, perhaps in a larger painting or a series. I still have a 16x20 inch glazing project that I need to finish. Until then I will continue to ponder and practice.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Krystyna81 said...

I love this painting! Perfect!

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thanks--I'm glad you like it.