Monday, January 5, 2009

Yellow Pear, Light, and Shade--Original Oil Study

The past few days I've been practicing the creation of light and shadow in my painting. In the case of this yellow pear, I used a palette consisting of Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, and Titanium White. Carefully painting shadows and highlights in exactly the right place is a challenge. This little study is 4x5 inches on a canvas panel.
Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Nothing to See said...

This is lovely. I like your use of colours. You are doing well with your light and shadow practice.

heidi said...

Love it! I'm a huge fan of paintings of pears and this one is lovely.

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

Thank you both. Pears are always fun for practice!